Thursday

A Frugal Christmas Dinner

I don't like the turkey, but I like the bread he ate." A three-year-old’s reaction to her Christmas dinner.
unknown
haha....

I don't know if you are a traditionalist... like my daughter, but I would love to look at the family tree and choose a country where my ancestors might have lived and plan a Christmas Dinner that they might have enjoyed.

My dad's family were farmers and came from Lincolnshire, England.  Christmas Dinner likely would have been quite frugal. There would likely be a chicken from their own farm and lots of veggies.  For dessert, they would have enjoyed Lincolnshire Plum Bread... even if they didn't have any plums. Whatever fruit they had on hand, would have gone into the bread and it is awesome.  It just might become one of the desserts this year.

My husbands side came from a different part of England and were not farmers... will have to ask him what his Gran might have made.  I don't think I ever asked him!


Hope that I gave you something to think about today :) Here is to making 2017 the most profitable year that you have ever had!

---------What I Did Today-------------
Try to find a bit of change somewhere in the house and then drop it into your savings jar! **Went for a long walk to catch snowflakes on my tongue. I'm making additions to my Christmas list. Hubby just let something slip Did a small number of dishes by hand instead of putting them in the dishwasher. Made dessert with what I had in the pantry. Use up what you have!!!

The Kitchen Gift Basket... Perfect For Anyone on Your Gift List
- muffin tins, dish cloths, tea towels, colander, tongs, recipe cards, recipe box, cheese cutter, decorative jars, honey server, candy cups, homemade napkin rings, kitchen towels, oven mitts, scented candles, salt and pepper shakers, kettle, miniature frying pan, pizza pan, rolling pin, coasters, casserole dish, cleaning supplies, cookie tin
PICK AND CHOOSE what works for your budget

No comments:

Post a Comment