Thursday

Those Old Magazines


Big Kmart discount store in Ontario, Oregon (USA).Big Kmart discount store in Ontario, Oregon (USA). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

If there is any such thing as a magazine hoarder, that would be me. I have even been to walk into a K-Mart for a pair of white socks and walk out with a buggy full of magazines. It was a Mother's Day church promotion and they had all of these bundles on 1960 Women's magazines and of course I couldn't walk out without filling up the buggy. I think they were something like a dollar for 12 issues... something ridiculous like that. I would have been crazy to turn down a deal like that.



And then there was this library that was trying to raise money for an extension and they had magazines from the war!! Can you imagine. So, yes, I bought all of those too.

Now the hard part is putting them up for sale. I could probably fetch quite a bit for one on Ebay. A young mother these days would never have seen a magazine of that age. Now the trick is giving them up! But it is pretty much Found Money if you can part with them. You will certainly make more than you paid for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment