Sunday

Random Money Stuff For Dec 4th



*It won't be ready for this year, but for Christmas 2017, I'm thinking of making an Advent Calendar instead of buying one. Yes, they are cute, but I think that I can make it more special if I have one already built and all I have to do is fill it each year. Our granddaughter is going to love it and the timing couldn't be better. She was born early December so I can give it to her early to use throughout the month!

*I always say that I'm going to do it, but this year I REALLY AM. I'm going to make a Christmas Binder so that everything is at my fingertips. I'm also going to save cereal boxes so that I can fill it with ribbon and glue and stickers etc. Last year we had just moved and do you think that I could find the tags for our Christmas gifts??  I ended up making the most ugly tags you can imagine. Next year... not going to happen. I even have a Christmas room all picked out so I know where I put everything. 


*Now here is someone who thinks like I do!! They are already planning for Christmas 2017. It might be the last thing you want to think about but it might save you some bucks next year!! 

*Just checked to see what was trending on Yahoo and it's Cashmere Sweaters. Why is this not on my Christmas list?? Because it's a waste of money?? Okay, if you like that kind of thing and you know that you are going to get your money's worth... go for it.  Apparently a lot of people feel that way!!  I hope that Santa brings it to you!!  Yeah, I'm kind of weird that way.



*I still remember a Christmas years ago. Money was tight for my sister and all she could afford that year was something she could bake. Butter Tart Squares were under the tree that year and THAT IS THE PRESENT I STILL REMEMBER!!

*I added one new thing today to my Christmas list.  I saw an advertisement for those cute little Glade candles and it's just not something that I would buy for myself.  But, it makes for a cute, inexpensive gift that will put a smile on my face! 


*Have you heard of the $5.00 Good Will Challenge for your holiday decorations. I wish that I had heard of this years and years ago. Unfortunately, there was no such thing as the internet! I would have saved thousands.


Yes, I make a lot of my own ornaments as gifts, so I am always looking for deals on wool!
*Never Run Out of Wool


*Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
Charles Dickens 

Photo: Morguefile


No comments:

Post a Comment